Fundraising Tips and Tools
Once you've registered you're ready to get the word out about the Race Against Kids' Cancer and ask for sponsorship. We're often hesitant to do that but don't be!! People appreciate the chance to support a worthwhile cause and most often just need to be asked to make a donation. What better place to give charitable dollars than to The Morgan Adams Foundation whose purpose is to support laboratory and clinical research for pediatric cancer?
So how do you do that?
- Make a list of friends, family, neighbors, work colleagues.
- Customize the donation request letter to tell people why you're doing this and what they can do to help.
- Send the letter either electronically or by mail or both. Be sure to include links to your personalized donation page and if by mail, include a stamped self-addressed return envelope and the form filled out as much as possible to make it easy for your donors to make their contribution.
- Include copies or links to the description of who The Morgan Adams Foundation is so people can see for themselves the good work they do.
- Follow up! Go through your list and give folks a quick call to see if they have questions and then ask for their contribution! You can also send a follow-up email or postcard.
- In most cases they will say yes and be happy to make a donation. Thank them, let then know that they are appreciated, invite them to the race and tell them after the event how well it did and thank them again! If they say no, remember, they are not being critical of you, they simply have other places for their charitable dollars. Thank them for considering your request and move on - nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Here are the materials you can use and customize to help you do all of this.